All interested students graduating from the institute are eligible to participate in the placement activities. Eligibility criteria communicated by the companies shall apply on a case-to-case basis.
- Student Placement Cell: A body consisting of the Placement Officer, Faculty members, and the Student Placement Committee.
- Category of a company: The classification of a company is based on the criteria of pay package and work profile.
- The offer of a job: If a Student's name appears on the final shortlist declared after the Company's process through the Placement Cell, then that would be considered an offer to the student.
A student can participate in the placement process of a company subject to the following conditions:
- The cell has confirmed his/her registration,
- She/he meets the requirements /eligibility criteria specified
by the company and
by the policy.
Offer of a Job
- The company shall provide the offer letters to the Cell and not directly to the students.
- When the Cell receives an offer letter from a company for a student, it shall communicate the same to him/her.
- The Cell shall also declare a time period within which a student would have to inform the Cell regarding his/her decision on the offer. If he/she fails to do so, it shall be assumed that the offer has been rejected by him/her.
- At max, a student can have only two job offers and thereafter is considered out of the campus placement process.
- When a student receives a second offer, i.e., in the case of up gradation, then the previous offer automatically stands rejected.
- If a student participates in the placement process of a company, then he/she cannot leave it in between. If such a case arises, then it will be deemed as a rejection of the offer and the student is out of the campus placement process.
Placement Procedure for Companies
- Companies are invited through e-mail and phone calls. A hard copy of the Brochure is also sent for the same purpose.
- Companies interested in recruiting MIET students must fill up the Job Announcement Form (Response Sheet), indicating that they have accepted the Policy and the placement procedure adopted by the Placement Cell. Information gathered through the medium of the Response Sheet is as follows:
a. The declaration of a compensation package.
b. Confirmation of campus visit, and preferred dates.
c. The procedure to be followed during the campus recruitment drive.
d. The Job Profile(s) & designation(s) offered.
- The company/organization should confirm or negotiate their dates with the Cell.
- Pre-placement talks are held at the Institute during which the companies shall make presentations about their operations and job profile(s) offered.
- The company is required to furnish the final list of selected students soon after the completion of the selection procedure, on the company's letterhead, duly signed. We register a job against the selected students and thereafter they may or may not be allowed to appear for other companies' interviews, as per the Placement Policy.
- The company shall send or hand over the offer letter only to the Placement Office/Officer within a set time-frame and with mutual understanding.