A centre for Software Development and Information Systems (CSDIS) has been set up at MIET where students are encouraged to undertake design and development of commercial software systems such as to prepare them for jobs in the IT industry. Specialized projects based on the software needs of the institute and external agencies are carried out at the CSDIS. The centre also offers short-term value added courses for the benefit of the students.
- Develop in-house software development capacity and capability to meet institutional needs.
- Attempt to develop commercial software solutions with wide market appeal.
- To provide a platform for faculty members and students to carry out development activities in the emerging areas of computer science and IT domain.
- To bridge the industry academia gap by providing practical training to students on emerging areas.
- To incubate software product companies from the campus and state of J&K.
- Performance Insight 360 - It is a next generation analytics platform for academia which tracks year-over-year performance of all the stakeholders across multiple parameters. For more information please visit: http://pi360.net
- Jkedu.in- is an education portal built with a vision to provide analytics on all the educational institutions including pre-schools, schools, colleges of higher education. For more information please visit: http://jkedu.in
- KMPro: A web and mobile mashup application delivering customized knowledge management to students - Under Development
- Attendance Management System: An automated attendance management system which works without any centralized network or communication medium allowing attendance to be marked outdoors also. Based on a patent filed by the institution in 2016 - Under Development
Core Team1. Dr Ankur Gupta, Director MIET, leads the development effort at CSDIS. He brings along 7+ years of industry experience at Hewlett Packard (HP) in India and the US in the domains of networking and e-commerce for creating world class products and solutions.
2. Rishi Gupta, Manager CDC, manages the entire development work at CSDIS. He has 8+ years of experience at IBM, India in the domain of machine learning, big data and cloud computing.
3. Sahil Sawhney, Manager Strategic Initiatives, takes care of the business analysis, requirement gathering and quality assurance of the applications, products and solutions developed within CSDIS. Prior to joining MIET, he worked for 4+ years with Nous Infosystems and 3i Infotech as a Business Analyst with expertise in business intelligence and wealth management domains.
4. Purnendu Prabhat, Senior Developer at CSDIS, specializes in PHP development. He has good experience of working with large scale web-systems for academia.