MIET is the first technical institution in J&K to be accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) from 2017-22 with 'A' Grade. The high-powered NAAC peer team appreciated the green campus of MIET, forays into R&D, strong brand name and academic legacy as the areas of strength for MIET.
- NAAC is an Autonomous body established by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India to Assess and Accredit institutions of higher education in the country.
- NAAC was established in 1994 with its headquarters at Bangalore.
- The process of NAAC Assessment & Accreditation is towards holistic, systematic, objective, data-based, transparent and shared experience for institutional improvement.
Benefits of NAAC Accreditation
- Educational institution will know its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Will be able to identify core areas of planning and allotment of resources.
- Data analysis & outcome provides funding agencies the objectives for performance funding.
- Initiates institutions into innovative and modern methods.
- Educational institutions will have a new sense of direction and identity.
- Provides reliable information to society on the quality of education offered.