From the academic session 2007-08, School of Management, MIET has offered a two year full-time Master's Degree Programme in Business Administration (MBA) duly approved by the Govt. of J&K, AICTE and affiliated to the University of Jammu. The two-year programme establishes a foundation in fundamental business practices offering specialization in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, Operations and Systems.
- To impart high-quality instruction in the domain of management, equipping students with fundamental knowledge, business, and functional skills to address real-world challenges in diverse domains.
- To integrate academics, research, innovation, and entrepreneurship to create significant value for all stakeholders.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates from the MBA program at MIET are expected to attain or achieve the following Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) within a few years of graduation:
- Successfully apply business knowledge and functional skills to help create value for businesses.
- Build successful careers in diverse domains.
- Demonstrate professional growth and development in their chosen field
- Build a reputation for excellence, leadership, and ethics
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Demonstrate the knowledge of management science to solve complex corporate problems using limited resources
- Research literature and identify and analyze management research problems.
- Identify business opportunities, design and implement innovations in the workspace.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to management practice.
- Apply ethical principles and make ethical choices.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders of his role as a manager.
- Engage in independent and life-long learning.
The MBA Programme at MIET is characterized by a dynamic environment for budding managers. At MIET students are asked to pool in their talents, experience and dedication in an intensive two year “Transformation Programme”. Students are also encouraged to challenge their assumptions, acquire new skills, examine unfamiliar possibilities, imagine opportunities and above all to assume responsibilities for themselves. Come and experience a refreshing unique take on management at MIET.
- Highly qualified, experienced & dedicated faculty.
- Excellent infrastructure & facilities.
- Visiting faculty from the industry & leading academic institutions.
- Excellent Placement Services, with 90% placements achieved year-over-year (100% in 2015).
- Invited Lecture Series providing platform for distinguished speakers to interact with students.
- State-of-the-art computing facilities with wi-fi connectivity.
- Fully automated library and subscription to quality online/ print journals.
- AICTE sponsored Industry-Institute Partnership Cell(IIPC) and Enterpreneurship Development Cell (EDC) in place.
- Regular Industrial tours & visits.
- Value-Added programmes & personality development programmes on offer.
- Membership of Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) for greater industrial opportunities.
- MoU with MSME for Entrepreurship Development and Financial Support to MBA students.
- 100% students provided summer internships with leading Companies.
Providing excellent placement opportunities for MIET students is a prime objective of the placement cell. The cell strives hard to reach out to prospective employers and develop mutually beneficial linkages. The placement process is completely transparent, professionally managed and flexible in meeting the needs of the potential employers.