The LLB (Hons.) program at MIET is designed for students who are passionate about pursuing a career in law. This three-year undergraduate program provides students with a strong foundation in legal principles, theories, and practices, and prepares them for a career in a range of legal fields. Students in the LLB (Hons.) program at MIET will develop their critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and will be able to apply these skills to real-world legal issues. The program includes a range of courses in areas such as criminal law, constitutional law, civil law, and legal research and writing, among others. In addition to classroom instruction, students in the LLB (Hons.) program at MIET will have the opportunity to participate in moot court competitions, legal aid clinics, and other experiential learning opportunities that will help them develop practical skills and gain hands-on experience. Graduates of the LLB (Hons.) program at MIET can expect to find exciting career opportunities in a range of legal fields, including corporate law, criminal law, civil law, and public interest law, among others. They may also choose to pursue further studies in law or related fields, such as an LLM (Master of Laws) or a PhD in Law.
- To become a world-class School of Law with Demonstrated Excellence in Teaching, Research, Innovation, and Consultancy.
- To impart high-quality instruction in legal and business studies, equipping students with fundamental knowledge and skills to address real-world challenges in emerging domains.
- To integrate academics, research, innovation, and entrepreneurship to create significant value for all stakeholders.
- To develop meaningful linkages with world-class organizations to constantly enhance capacity and capability.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Legal Knowledge:
To acquire & apply legal knowledge of complex socio-legal problems and understand the basics of Indian legal culture: Indian Constitution, Indian legal institutions, and federalism for the development of the common law.
- Problem Analysis:
To identify, formulate, review, research legal methodology, and analyse complex case opinions, accurately identifying the issues on judgment, procedural law, rules of law, reasoning, and thereby understanding the relationship between cases and statutes, and the appropriate uses of each in solving legal problems.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems:
To use the legal research-based methodology and research legal methods including domain expertise, legal intellectual methods, analysis and interpretation of laws, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage:
To create, select, and apply appropriate legal techniques, resources, and modern IT tools including legal texts, in electronic and print formats, to develop efficient and effective skills in Indian, Westlaw, and Lexis/Nexis.
To apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the legal practice in order to play an eminent part in the bonafide uplifting of society.
To communicate effectively on complex legal activities with the lawyer’s community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and petitions cum legal documentation, and to provide analysis, advice, or advocacy to various professional audiences.
- Environment and Sustainability:
To recognize the impact of the professional, legal solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development to assess societal safety, legal and cultural issues, and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional legal practice.
- Project Management:
To demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the legal business and management principles and apply these to corporate sectors, as a legal member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
To be trained to excel in a platform of self-employability by developing professional skills in the legal industry thereby being equipped with knowledge & skills to participate in any legal system.
- Lifelong Learning:
To make awareness about Constitutional legislative & societal transformation in society & to develop the skills for the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of changing legal contexts.
Program-Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO-1: Demonstrate Knowledge: To produce graduates having a strong background of basic understanding of substantive and procedural law sufficient to enter the legal profession in which legal knowledge is an advantage.
- PSO-2: Drafting, Counselling, and Negotiation: To produce graduates possessing the skills to communicate in both oral and written forms and use appropriate concepts and methods to develop the skill of drafting or art of framing various complaints, petitions, writ, letters, using proper Legal English format with clarity.
- PSO-3: Building Professionalism: To produce graduates that comprehend the standards of conduct involved in the practice of law and demonstrate the values of the legal profession. This inculcates ethical responsibilities towards clients in a legal system.
- PSO4-: Development of Interpersonal Skills: To produce graduates that advance the aptitude to analyse, synthesize and disseminate a large amount of complex information comprising legal and non-legal aspects of the working of the entire system.
- PSO-5: Effective Citizenship: To produce graduates that inculcate values of Rights and Duties and transfer these values to real life through the legal and judicial process for promoting community welfare.
Total Intake (120)
- Open Merit: 102
- Management quota Seats: 18
- Applicants must have written JUET / CLAT / AILET / LSAT India/ AIBE or any other national level test.
- Obtained at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) or as specified by the competent regulatory body from time to time in the qualifying 10+2 examination.
- A candidate appearing in the 10+2 final examination in March is eligible to seek admission to LLB (Hons.) only if he/she furnishes documentary evidence in support of his/her having passed the qualifying examination in full on or before the 31st of July, or such other date as may be approved by the admission committee; failing which his/her candidature shall automatically stand cancelled and the seat thus becoming available shall be filled by the merit.
- All the candidates who have appeared in the graduation examination and are desirous of seeking admission to the LLB (Hons.) program shall be required to fill out the application form on the below-given link. (Link)
- The selection list of candidates is drawn strictly in order of merit of graduation or equivalent examination from a recognized college and scores received in / AILET / LSAT India/ AIBE or any other national level test.
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate
- Marks certificate of 10+2 examination
- Graduation Marksheet & Degree
- Provisional Certificate/Degree issued by the School/University/Institution last attended (in original)
- Category Certificate (If applicable) issued by the Competent Authority as per the latest SRO issued by the J&K Govt.
- CLAT / AILET / LSAT India/ AIBE or any other national level test scorecards.
Contact us at:
Model Institute of Engineering and Technology (Autonomous)
Permanently Affiliated to the University of Jammu, Accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade Kot Bhalwal, Jammu. For admission inquiries contact: 7889395696
Email us at [email protected]