All interested students graduating from the institute are eligible to participate in the placement activities. Eligibility criteria commencated by the companies shall apply on a case-to-case basis.
- Student Placement Cell: A body consisting of the Placement Officer, Faculty members and the Student Placement Committee.
- Category of a company: The classification of a company is based on the criteria of pay package and work profile.
- Offer of a job: If a Student's name appears on the final shortlist declared after the Company's process through the Placement Cell, then that would be considered an offer to the student.
A student can participate in the placement process of a company subject to the following conditions:
- The cell has confirmed his/her registration,
- She/he meets the requirements /eligibility criteria specified
by the company and
by the policy.
Offer of a Job
- The company shall provide the offer letters to the Cell and not directly to the students.
- When the Cell receives an offer letter from a company for a student, it shall communicate the same to him/her.
- The Cell shall also declare a time period within which a student would have to inform the Cell regarding his/her decision on the offer. If he/she fails to do so, it shall be assumed that the offer has been rejected by him/her.
- At max a student can have only two job offers and thereafter is considered out of the campus placement process.
- When a student receives a second offer, i.e., in the case of up gradation, then the previous offer automatically stands rejected.
- If a student participates in the placement process of a company, then he/she cannot leave it in between. If such a case arises, then it will be deemed as rejection of the offer and the student is out of the campus placement process.