MIET has taken the lead in the region to offer Vocational Programs which are designed to prepare students for jobs through in-depth hands-on training and practical exposure. Under the ambit of the All India Council for Technical Education, the University of Jammu and the J&K State Board for Technical Education, MIET shall offer the Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc) program in Software Development from the session 2019-20. The program is aligned with the institute's expertise and experience in software development and is expected to provide significant value-addition to the students of the state who are desirous of jobs in the booming IT sector.
- Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc) is a three-year degree program offered at Model Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET)
- The B.Voc degree is recognized by the MHRD, Government of India, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the university of Jammu
- Voc degree is considered equivalent to graduation and B.Voc graduates are eligible to apply for PG programs under the University of Jammu and other Universities across India.
- Voc Software Development is a job-oriented program with a focus on imparting hand-on skills with a view to making students employable in the IT sector or with organizations having IT operations and requirements.
- After pursuing B.Voc Software Development at MIET, students shall also be equipped to start their own venture in web or mobile development.
- Voc Software Development is going to be offered for the first time in J&K by MIET, Jammu
- Completely job-oriented program
- Voc has a strong Skill Component as approved by NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies) and NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation).
- Training for the Skill Component shall be delivered by empaneled training service providers
- Modern curriculum aligned with industry needs and requirements
- MIET is the only NAAC “A” grade accredited engineering institute in J&K.
- Ranked in top 100 engineering colleges in India by Dataquest.
- Strong Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) department accredited by the National Board for Accreditation (NBA)
- MIET is the only institution in the region with an active software development division developing commercial software and advanced applications.
- Diversified Industry Linkages with Amazon, IBM, Dell-EMC, Microsoft and Cisco for advanced courses in IT domains such as cloud, big data, networking, software development etc.
- Top-class IT infrastructure, computer labs and access to Amazon AWS Cloud Development Platform.
- Highly experienced faculty with industry experience and skills.
- Applicants should have cleared their 10+2 school examination with minim 50% marks to be eligible to seek admission to B.Voc.
- Applicants with medical, non-medical, arts and commerce streams in 10+2 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants with non-computer background shall be offered a bridge program to familiarize them with software development fundamentals.