The Dept. of Electrical Engineering at MIET was set up in 1999 and was among the first three programmes to be launched initially. The department was set up with a vision to craft professionals, researchers and entrepreneurs through the industry aligned prospectus, advanced labs and experiential learning.
To be recognized as leading research focused Electrical Department in the field of Power Electronics and Renewable Energy
Scope of Employment
EE Leadership Team
|Dr. Nitin Langer is serving as the Associate Prof. and Head of the Electrical Engineering Department at Model Institute of Engineering and Technology. Currently, he is pursuing his Ph.D in Power Electronics at NIT Srinagar. He has one patent pending for evaluation at the Indian Patents Office. He has also accredited himself with 8 quality research publications in journals of repute including IEEE transactions on power electronics, Elsevier and IET Power electronics etc. with 5 research papers under review. He obtained his B.E. (Electrical) and M.Tech( Illumination Technology) from MIT, Manipal. A gold medalist in M.Tech, he also has the distinction of serving in Philips India Limited, Chennai as a Design Engineer in its Lighting Design Application Center. His main technical interests include multilevel AC to DC converters, Power electronics, Illumination Designs, Power distribution networks, Load Flow Studies. He is also a member of ISLE.|
- Qualified, experienced and competent faculty - 100% faculty has M.Tech qualifications
- Over 550 students placed In reputed organizations and government sector since inception.
- Advanced Simulation Lab setup with AICTE funding in 2013
- Students have the option of training at the State-of-the-Art Cisco Networking Academy on campus on latest networking technologies leading to CCNA certification.
- Invited Lecture Series in place, which invites reputed academicians and industry-experts to interact with students on a regular basis.
- Personality development programmes, seminars, mock tests and interviews, aptitude building sessions, display-your-talent events organized on a regular basis.
- Volunteer work and community outreach programmes given priority