The Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering at MIET is the first and only NBA accredited CSE department in the State of J&K, which speaks volumes of the high-quality instruction and training imparted to its students. Manned by highly qualified, committed and dynamic faculty and staff, the department has emerged as the leading departments in the region in terms of placements, university results, alumni, industrial linkages, quality of project work, research and development, extra/co-curricular activities and novel academic initiatives.
To be recognized as a Center of Excellence in Computer Science and Engineering with a strong research, innovation and teaching environment.
Scope of Employment
- Software Developers in high-end services or product development IT companies.
- As Quality Assurance Engineers undertaking quality evaluation of software and products.
- As consultants and solution providers.
- As specialists and data-analysts
- As system administrators/network engineers/IT-Support professionals
LabsMIET has excellent infrastructure including domain-specific laboratories. Industry Leaders such as IBM (IBM Software Center of Excellence), EMC (EMC Center of Excellence) and Cisco (Cisco Networking Academy) have established their labs within the CSE department equipped with the latest hardware and software. MIET CSE students complete on an average 2-3 industry-relevant certifications as value-added programmes giving them a distinct edge over other students when it comes to placements.
CSE Leadership Team
|Dr. Ankur Gupta is the Director at MIET, Jammu and a Professor in the Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering. Prior to joining MIET, he worked as a Team Leader at Hewlett-Packard, India Software Operations, Bangalore for 7 years. He has a wide range of software design and development experience in e-commerce and network management domains. He has 14 patents pending at the US and Indian Patents and Trademarks Office and over 45 published research papers in international journals/conferences. Prof. Gupta has MS, Software Systems and B.E (Hons), Computer Science degrees from BITS, Pilani. He completed his PhD from NIT, Hamirpur. He is the founding Managing Editor of the International Journal of Next-Generation Computing (IJNGC) and a recipient of the AICTE Career Award for Young Teachers. He has received competitive grants over Rs. one crore from various Government agencies. He is a senior member of the ACM, senior member IEEE and life member of the CSI.|
- Tie-ups with IBM, EMC, Cisco and Microsoft
- 12 patents filed
- 65 research papers published with over 250 citations received.
- Department publishes International Journal of Next-Generation Computing (IJNGC) jointly with UMKC, USA. Journal indexed by Thomson-Reuters Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)
- Over Rs. 75 lakhs of competitive grants received.
- Center for Software Development with 2 IT products incubated, 3 mobile applications developed.
- World-class Alumni Profile in top international companies and top universities
- Saajan Sridhar, 2014 passout works at Google Headquarters in California, USA after graduating from Georgia Tech University , USA (9th ranked in the world in Computer Science)
- Modern teaching pedagogies such as Google for Education in use.
- Offers 2-3 industry-certifications from IBM, EMC and Cisco to students as value-added programmes.
- Training and certification on C, C++ and Java through IIT-Bombay Super Resource Center (only one in J&K)
- Student branches of IEEE, CSI, ISTE with rich spectrum of technical activities.
- Exposure to seminars by world-leading technologists, MooCs and hands-on trainings
- High-quality faculty profile with industry experience in companies like HP, IBM.